It’s no secret that living in the 21st century means a world of technology moving at a rapid pace. Our hands are constantly glued to our phones. We are the swiping and scrolling generation. If you’re contemplating starting a business, why not be productive and swipe up or down with these free business apps. Seriously, they’re super-beneficial for your start-up.
Hootsuite is a social media system tool that allows you to manage multiple networks, schedule posts and engage your audience all in one place. If you’re at the start of your business and managing your own social media or client accounts, this is your go-to app.
- You can manage LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and WordPress all from Hootsuite to avoid having multiple tabs open.
- Hootsuite allows you to schedule your posts and content in advance, so you don’t have to sit in front of the computer. Simply pick a date and time that you want your post to go out.
- The app allows you to view the analytics data that tracks if your social media strategy is working for you.
- Social media listening allows you to track key phrases and terms across other user’s posts, so you can keep up with what your audience is looking for.
If you’re the kind of person who enjoys ticking things off a list, then say hello to Wanderlist. Wanderlist is a task listing app that allows you to keep your business in sync, whether you’re managing multiple projects or delegating assignments to co-workers.
- Assign deadlines, filter tasks, insert more task items and display the schedule all on the app.
3/ Tiny Scanner
Tiny Scanner is a document scanner app that turns your mobile into a portable scanner. Scans are saved to your device as images or PDFs.
- Scans in colour, grayscale, or black and white.
- Can be used anywhere.
- Once you’ve scanned, you can set page sizes for PDF (Letter, Legal, A4)
- Bonus: You can protect your documents with a passcode.
4/ Booksy Biz
This mobile appointment book helps you manage your business and master your schedule, take online bookings and market your services.
Booksy Biz app benefits:
- The app assists with Client Management by having all of your client info organised in your booking app. You can keep records of booking history, no-shows and contact information to build deeper client relationships.
- Booksy Biz also plays the role of a business management tool. You can generate inventory reports, track commissions and manage your staff.
5/ CamCard Business Card Reader
If you’re at a networking event and the person you’re having a conversation with only has one business card on hand, what do you do? CamCard app will make your life easy. Simply scan the business card using the app and it will automatically take all of the info from the card and save it on the app.
- You can scan up to 200 cards in the free app version.
- Scan and store your business cards using the app.
- Enrich your profile to tell people more about yourself.
- The app is designed with a feature that lets you engage with contacts from all over the world, with 17 recognition languages.
6/ QuickBooks Online Invoicing and Accounting
Not enough funds to hire an accountant yet? QuickBooks Online helps you manage your finances from a mobile device. The app helps you organise your businesses bookkeeping and cash flow by creating invoices and managing your expenses.
- Customise your sales invoices and sales receipts with your logo.
- View your profit and loss to see what you’re making and spending, and view your account balances.
- Categorise your monthly expenses to make them easier to track.